The AAWS Water Wall is a thin, long tank installed next to blank walls of companies, industrial sites, and/or general buildings and comes in different sizes.
Inside the tank rainwater from nearby roofs can be collected for cleaning, washing and flushing of toilets. Water from this Rainwater Wall (RWW) can also be used for gardening and irrigation. Buffering of stored water helps to overcome more frequent drought periods.
When isolated, de AAWS Water Wall transforms into an Energy Water Wall (EWW) in which heat can be stored. The energy is provided by solar collectors. The collected heat is used for preheating all kinds of liquids needed at other locations.
Target groups for AAWS Water Wall
The AAWS Waterwall concept is most appealing to:
- Owners/administrators of commercial buildings and apartment blocks;
- Sports associations in need for hot water for showering;
- Industries needing preheated water and liquids (process industry);
- Professional gardeners, watering courtyards.
Applying the AAWS Water Wall helps to reduce the:
- Water bill: rainwater is utilized for cleaning–, washing and flushing reducing the water bill immediately;
- Energy bill when applied as an energy battery to preheat water and other liquids;
- Emission of CO2 and and other greenhouse gasses thus supporting conservation of a sustainable environment.
Modular, proven and long lifetime
The structure is modular based using galvanized standard steel segments joint together using a proven bolts/nuts system. The tank is made watertight adding a -tailor made- plastic liner resulting in a 100% watertight situation. The lifetime of the Water Wall is guaranteed for 10 years.
The thickness of the Water Wall is at least 0,8 meter width, the length is 5-50 meter and the height of the tank ranges up to about 2,3 meter. As such, a Water Wall is capable of storing 5-100 m³ of rainwater, dependent on local conditions, rainfall patterns and the total area of the roof available.
Water Walls are dimensioned upon ones needs and can be ordered in different colors and tastes. It also can be decided to place a wooden- or flower fence in front of the Water Wall to increase the ‘green’ nature of the structure.
For more information, questions and quotations, please contact us.